At Mira, engineering is of paramount importance to our success as an organization. We’re looking for a strong hands-on lead engineer to own our React application and contribute across the stack. As a cross-functional engineer, you'll be working with our growing team to support and enhance the integrations and backend for our dynamic augmented reality platform. You'll help ensure our Web App is clean, accessible, easy to learn, and well documented. You will assist and oversee the building of applications and services to enable more productive workflows for enterprises pioneering in their respective fields. As a lead engineer, you’ll be working with a small team of highly skilled and motivated engineers, helping keep the team aligned and firing on all cylinders, working with product management on the product and support backlogs, and working closely with our CTO to ensure new work engages appropriately with the architectural design process.
As a member of the Mira team, you'll solve challenging problems on a daily basis and work with the latest in immersive technologies.
- Oversee the development of front-end components for web applications, owning the front-end architecture and library footprint with regular input and engagement of the team.
- Mentor on the front end and API, providing peer feedback during the review process.
- Manage the deployment of cloud infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines, including building tools for managing, monitoring, and configuring services
- Refactor code to increase operating efficiency and extensibility and/or adapt programs to new requirements
- Plan and develop integrations for common enterprise systems like Active Directory, Skype for Business, Single-Sign-On, etc.
- Develop a ReSTful API for custom enterprise integrations
- Help build a culture of robust, scalable development practices that grow with the team
Need to Have:
- Experienced developing and managing large-scale React applications
- 7+ years experience developing, operating, and managing server applications on Linux (deployment, monitoring, alerting, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Strong experience mentoring at least two engineers.
- Strong background and expertise in enterprise network infrastructure and security
- Experience developing real-time applications and infrastructure
- Proficient with version source control, agile software development, and test driven development
- Experience creating and consuming ReSTful APIs
- Experience developing applications with technologies like:
- React, Redux, JS ES2015+
- Docker, Kubernetes
- AWS, Google Cloud Platform
- WebRTC, Websockets
- Serverless applications models and frameworks (Serverless, SAM, etc)
- MongoDB, Postgres, Redis
- Strong demonstrated background of written and verbal communication
Nice to Have:
- Experience developing software for on-premises and air-gapped environments
- Experience developing scalable applications with:
- Test-driven development (Mocha, Jest)
- VirtualBox, Vagrant, Packer
- WebGL, Three.js, and other real-time 3D technologies
- WebAssembly, asm.js, GraphQL
- Experience with Ruby, Go